Year-long traineeships with Spitalfields Music and LSO Discovery
September 2018–July 2019
Applications are now open for Spitalfields Music Trainee Music Leaders Scheme 2018/19.
Spitalfields Music and LSO Discovery are offering four London-based musicians the opportunity to take part in a year-long traineeship to develop skills in music leading.
From September 2018 to July 2019 trainees will:
• support at least 3 creative music projects alongside experienced workshop leaders
• attend 3 days of practical music leader training
• receive mentoring and guidance from experienced workshop leaders and Learning & Participation managers
• work together with other trainees to devise and deliver their own school-based creative project with Spitalfields Music
• work towards devising and delivering a school-based creative project music project with other trainees
• receive a bursary of £1,500, plus an additional training allowance of £250
Thanks to the generous support of Help Musicians UK, Spitalfields Music is continuing to work with LSO Discovery in 2018/19. This means we are able to offer a total of four traineeships in London; three placements hosted by Spitalfields Music, and one hosted by LSO Discovery.
Please also note that in June/July, we will be offering a further placement for a vocalist/vocal practitioner as part of our partnership with Garsington Opera. We will advertise for this placement in due course.
This is an exceptional opportunity for emerging music leaders to gain hands-on practical experience, reflect on personal practice, and observe and learn in a safe and supportive environment.
We are looking for outstandingly creative and skilled musicians who are ambitious and passionate collaborators committed to working in the community.
First round group auditions will take place on Wednesday 27 June 2018, second round auditions and interviews will take place on Wednesday 11 July 2018. Please note we are unable to offer alternative dates for these auditions.
Application deadline: Monday 4 June, 9am