Year-long traineeship with Spitalfields Music and Garsington Opera
September 2018–July 2019
Applications are now open for Spitalfields Music Trainee Music Leaders Scheme 2018/19.
Spitalfields Music and Garsington Opera are offering one singer / vocal practitioner the opportunity to take part in a year-long traineeship to develop skills in music leading. This traineeship is particularly suitable for singers based in South East England (particularly Buckinghamshire).
From September 2018 to July 2019 the trainee will:
• support at least 3 creative music projects alongside experienced workshop leaders
• attend 3 days of practical music leader training
• receive mentoring and guidance from experienced workshop leaders and Learning & Participation managers
• work together with other trainees to devise and deliver their own school-based creative project with Spitalfields Music
• receive a bursary of £1,500, plus an additional training allowance of £250
Thanks to the generous support of Help Musicians UK, Spitalfields Music is working in partnership with Garsington Opera in 2018/19.
This is an exceptional opportunity for emerging music leaders to gain hands-on practical experience, reflect on personal practice, and observe and learn in a safe and supportive environment.
We are looking for outstandingly creative and skilled musicians who are ambitious and passionate collaborators committed to working in the community.
Auditions and interviews will take place on Monday 16 July 2018. Please note we are unable to offer alternative dates for these auditions.
Application deadline: Monday 2 July 2018, 9am