Year-long traineeships with Spitalfields Music, LSO Discovery and Opera North
September 2017 – July 2018
We are pleased to announce that applications are now open for our Trainee Music Leaders Scheme 2017/18.
Spitalfields Music and LSO Discovery are offering four London-based musicians the opportunity to take part in a year-long traineeship to develop skills in music leading.
From September 2017 to July 2018 trainees will:
- support at least 3 creative music projects alongside experienced workshop leaders
- attend 3 days of practical music leader training
- receive mentoring and guidance from experienced workshop leaders and Learning & Participation managers
- work together with other trainees to devise and deliver their own school-based creative project with Spitalfields Music
- receive a bursary of £1,500, plus an additional training allowance of £250
Thanks to the generous support of Help Musicians UK, we have been able to extend our trainee scheme to include two placements with partner organisations; LSO Discovery and Opera North.
For musicians based in the North of England please visit www.operanorth.co.uk/about/jobs for more information about the Opera North trainee placement offer.
This is an exceptional opportunity for emerging music leaders to gain hands-on practical experience working in education and community settings, reflect on personal practice, and observe and learn in a safe and supportive environment.
We are looking for outstandingly creative and skilled musicians who are ambitious and passionate collaborators committed to working in the community.
First round group auditions will take place on Tuesday 11 July, second round auditions and interviews will take place on Friday 14 July. Please note we are unable to offer alternative dates for these auditions.
For full details and how to apply, please download an information pack and application form
Application deadline: Monday 26 June, 5pm