Year-long traineeship with Spitalfields Music and LSO Discovery
September 2019–July 2020
Applications are now open for the Spitalfields Music Trainee Music Leaders Scheme 2019/20.
Spitalfields Music and LSO Discovery are offering three London-based musicians the opportunity to take part in a year-long traineeship to develop skills in music leading.
From September 2019 to July 2020 trainees will:
• support at least 3 creative music projects alongside experienced workshop leaders
• attend 3 days of practical music leader training
• receive mentoring and guidance from experienced workshop leaders and Learning & Participation managers
• work together with other trainees to devise and deliver their own school-based creative project with Spitalfields Music
• receive a bursary of £1,500, plus an additional training allowance of £250
Thanks to the generous support of Help Musicians UK, Spitalfields Music is continuing to work with LSO Discovery in 2019/20. This means we are able to offer a total of up to three traineeships in London; up to two placements hosted by Spitalfields Music, and one hosted by LSO Discovery.
This is an exceptional opportunity for emerging music leaders to gain hands-on practical experience, reflect on personal practice, and observe and learn in a safe and supportive environment.
We are looking for outstandingly creative and skilled musicians who are ambitious and passionate collaborators committed to working in the community.
First round group auditions will take place on Monday 15 July,second round auditions and interviews will take place on Tuesday 23 July. Please note we are unable to offer alternative dates for these auditions.
Application deadline: Monday 24 June, 9am
Spitalfields Music’s Creative Leadership Programme is generously supported by Help Musicians UK’s National Grants Programme, Arts Council England, City of London and The Thistle Trust.