Year-long traineeship with Spitalfields Music and Welsh National Opera
September 2018–July 2019
Applications are now open for the Spitalfields Music Trainee Music Leaders Scheme 2018/19.
Spitalfields Music and Welsh National Opera are offering one singer / vocal practitioner the opportunity to take part in a year-long traineeship to develop skills in music leading.
From September 2018 to July 2019 the trainee will:
• support at least 3 creative music projects alongside experienced workshop leaders
• attend 3 days of practical music leader training
• receive mentoring and guidance from experienced workshop leaders and Learning & Participation managers
• work towards devising and delivering a school-based creative music project with other trainees
• receive a bursary of £1,500, plus an additional training allowance of £250
Thanks to the generous support of Help Musicians UK, Spitalfields Music is working in partnership with Welsh National Opera in 2018/19 to offer one traineeship for singers able to participate in projects in Birmingham, North Wales or Cardiff.
This is an exceptional opportunity for emerging music leaders to gain hands-on practical experience, reflect on personal practice, and observe and learn in a safe and supportive environment.
We are looking for outstandingly creative and skilled musicians who are ambitious and passionate collaborators committed to working in the community.
Auditions and interviews will take place on Tuesday 24 July 2018. Please note we are unable to offer alternative dates for these auditions.
Application deadline: Monday 16 July 2018, 9am
Please read the full application pack for further details including how to apply. We accept applications in the Welsh and English language. Please view all application details on the sidebar to the right.