Skills Lab: Practical training to develop skills and confidence in Creative Music Leading
Thanks to the generous support from Help Musicians UK’s National Grants Programme and Radcliffe Trust, Spitalfields Music is offering 3 days of training for around 25 emerging music leaders and musicians looking to develop facilitation skills in creative music making and workshop leading, and the chance to reflect and build on their practice.
Skills Lab sessions will be designed in response to the goals and needs of the selected group. These may cover topics such as leadership styles, warm-up activities and musical games, specific facilitation approaches and practical music collaboration techniques.
Skills Lab will give participants:
- Confidence in leading music activities
- New ideas and activities for sessions, including warm-up games, song material, approaches and techniques
- The opportunity to observe and explore different approaches to music leading, and to develop and reflect on leadership styles
- Increased skills and knowledge to pursue a career as a creative music leader
- The opportunity to collaborate creatively with a network of peers
Training days will be held on:
- Day 1: Wednesday 13 November 2019, 10am–5pm
- Day 2: Tuesday 21 January 2020, 10am–5pm
- Day 3: Monday 9 March 2020, 10am–5pm
We ask that trainees commit to attend all 3 days.
Skills Lab is offered at a heavily subsidised cost of £80 for the year. In order to ensure that the training is fully accessible to everyone, bursaries are available for anyone unable to pay this cost.
Application Deadline: 9am, Monday 9 September 2019