We’re offering young musicians from East London exclusive & free access to this year’s Festival, including:
- Two Open Rehearsal sessions
- Free tickets to performances following Open Rehearsals
- An exclusive conversation with the Festival’s Artistic Curator André de Ridder, where you get to ask the questions!
Ever wondered what happens in a rehearsal room? Spitalfields Music are offering young creatives from East London (aged 14-18) a unique opportunity to observe what goes on inside of a professional rehearsal. This is a chance to see how musicians, composers, singers, conductors, technicians and theatre-makers prepare for a public performance.
We are also offering each young person who attends an Open Rehearsal, a free ticket to see the final show!
Question & Answer session with Festival Artistic Curator André de Ridder
How do you curate or programme a festival? How do you get started from just an idea? What is it like to collaborate with musicians from across the world? How do you hold your nerve whilst conducting an orchestra in front of thousands of people? As part of our second open rehearsal (for ‘Heart and Breath’), we’re also offering young artists from East London an opportunity to pose questions to André de Ridder- artistic curator of the Spitalfields Festival, composer and conductor extraordinaire.
For more information please have a look at our flyer in the downloads section on the right-hand side.
What do I do next?
If you’re a young creative, aged 14-18 yrs from East London, or a school teacher/leader who would like to bring a group, get in touch! We have a limited number of places at each event. Please email Producer Liz Bacon email@example.com with:
1) Your name
2) Date of Birth (or the age-range of your group if you’re a teacher)
4) Contact details (email and phone)
5) What you hope to get from being a part of the Open Rehearsal sessions
6) Which events you would like to attend- Option 1, 2 or 3 from the table*
Feel free to get in touch, call Producers Liz Bacon or Nicole Artingstall on
020 7377 0287 or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.