Spitalfields Music: changing lives and aspirations through music
For over 40 years, Spitalfields Music has been putting music at the heart of East London. We bring artists, audiences, and communities together so that everyone can find, explore, and share extraordinary music in one of the most vibrant areas of London. Always driven by the energy of our community our work is founded on 3 pillars:
Perform – Unforgettable live music experiences that re-imagine classical music for artists and audiences.
Create – We place artists at the heart of our work and nurture their boldest and most insightful work.
Learn – Our award-winning Learning & Participation programme reaches over 5,000 people each year in schools, libraries, care homes and community spaces across East London.
In 2018, we won an RPS Music Award in the Chamber Music and Song Category.
We are looking for a freelance Producer to deliver learning and participation projects as part of our acclaimed Festival which will take place in December 2018.
The Producer will need to have:
- Significant and demonstrable direct experience delivering learning & participation programmes within the music education / community arts sector
- Evidence of successful project and partnership management
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and IT) and meticulous attention to detail, able to work to deadlines and prioritise workload under pressure
- Experience of managing budgets
- Sensitivity and understanding of the issues involved in working with communities, groups, and children and young people
- Demonstrable enthusiasm for placing arts at the heart of society
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
You will need to be available to work with us from September 2018 to 31 December 2018 and will be required to work a total of 50 days across this period, including a full-time period around the Festival itself (in w/b 28 November 2018, and w/b 3 December 2018). You will receive a fee of £7,500.
Please read the Project Brief available from the download bar on the right. To apply, please email your CV, a covering letter outlining your suitability for this post, and a completed equal opportunities form to Maria Turley (Director of Learning and Participation) on email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 6 July 2018.